International Film & Television Research Centre
Research is a significant measure by which we judge our progress and overall contribution. Reflecting its importance to society, research is undertaken in every academic School of AAFT, as well as in an increasing number of its inter-disciplinary and collaborative research centres.
Whilst seeking to establish new knowledge and extend the frontiers of human understanding through fundamental research, AAFT’s research work is directed to provide substantial economic, social and cultural benefits, locally and worldwide. The Institute’s academic staff has been working in areas which are acknowledged by independent assessors as undertaking work of national and international significance. These research projects also aim to earn grants and investments towards attracting top researchers from around the world to AAFT.
- Advancement of film and television productions
- Raising of professional standards of film-making and television production
- Creating awareness of the rights and responsibilities of film and television
- Constant review of professional codes and ethics set by the professional and regulatory bodies for filmmakers and television producers
- Emphasizing the need for raising the standards of film and television training
- Arranging scholarships, awards and organizing travel for purpose of research in the field of film & television production
- Facilitating attachment to film and television production houses for the purpose of research
- Conducting short term and long term training courses on media research
- Establishing databank and clearing-house of information on film & television
- Publishing papers, reports and books relating to the research on film and television as well as the “Journal of Media Research”