AAFT Presents 2nd International Cell Phone Cinema Film Festival
Interrelation Seminar on Films
The 2nd International Film Festival on Cell Phone Cinema.
Inspired by the success of the first International Film Festival on Cell Phone Cinema, AAFT is now organizing the 2nd International Film Festival on Cell Phone Cinema. The event to be held on January 15, 2009 is open for participation from across the globe.
What is Cell Phone Cinema?
Cell Phone Cinema is an ode to the progeny of wireless telecommunication and a creative salute to the advancement of Graham Bell’s innovation. The festival aims at extending the opportunity of creating and capturing images and videos through the simple use of our everyday pocket companion, the cell phone. It marks the advent of a new form of creative expression, that which is simple, basic and affordable and very convenient to use.
Date: 15th January 2009
Task: Shooting a Film/music video / news/ still picture on MOBILE PHONE
Registration Deadline: 12th January 2009
Length of the Video: Until 3 minutes maximum
Shooting Technique: Mobile Phone (cell phone)
Registration Fee: None
Purpose: To unleash the creative spark of the participants by using non traditional means of technology like the Cell Phone and create both motion and still imagery.
The Task: Participants can shoot a Video (max. 3 minutes) or Still Picture using a mobile phone
Categories: The entries for the competition will revolve around the realm of :
- Fiction / Music Video
- Reality / Electronic News Gathering
- Still Image
- Fiction / Music Video – USD 1000
- Reality / Electronic News Gathering – USD 500
- Still Image – USD 500
Rules of the Game: The competition is subject to certain restrictions, which are enlisted below:
- All entries to be created using a mobile phone. The entries should be original and not infringe on any copyright law.
- All work to be either uploaded on batchbuzz.com or the body of work can be sent on a CD at the festival office — Asian Academy Of Film & TV , Marwah Studios , Fc-14/15, Film City , Sector 16 A ,Noida -201301, UP India ).
- Decision of the Festival director will be final and binding to all the participants of cell phone cinema film festival.
Announcement of Result:
The film entries received from various countries will be judged by an international jury in New Delhi.
The result for the 3 winner of the Cell Phone Cinema festival will be announced on 15th January 2009.
The list of the film entries, qualified for the finals, will be disclosed through the Internet.
- Karl Bardosh – Master Professor, Tisch School of the Arts, NYU
- Kurt Inderbitzin – Hollywood Film Producer/Director
- Boney Kapoor – Film Producer
- T.P Agarwal – President, IMPPA
- Saeed Mirza – Renowned Film Director
- Rahul Rawail – Renowned Film Director
- Pankaj Prashar – Renowned Film Director
- Ashok Tyagi – Renowned Film Director
- Arun Anand – Still Photographer
- Satish Garg – TV Producer/ Director
- Gurbir Grewal – National Award Winner and Renowned Film Director
For entry please log on to: http://www.batchbuzz.com