Tim Langford is an award winning documentary and corporate filmmaker, with proven ability in translating ideas into compelling corporate & marketing films, commercials and documentary. He is a visionary and through his innovative story telling techniques, flair and ideas he manages to create pragmatic, imaginative and client friendly documentary. Tim is associated with Asian Academy of Film and TV as an academician to share his knowledge and experience in script writing and creative direction for corporate visual communications, marketing films for products, services, television channels, documentary making, and creating promos for on-air & off-air campaigns and brand launches.
Tim Langford attended University of Leeds (UK), University of the Arts (UArts, Philadelphia) and London Business School (UK) for his education. He has mostly worked as a globetrotting freelancer – notably, in the Middle East and UK. He has spent several years traversing broadcasting, advertising and worldwide corporate video. Drawing on his corporate experience, in 2009, Langford went on to set up his own one-man company, to pursue projects for which he felt particular empathy – hence, ‘TLC’. Producing passion projects at TLC for a wide range of UK and international broadcasters such as BBC Television, Channel 4, Granada, MTV, CNN, BSkyB, and RTE in Ireland and MBC in the Middle East, Tim Langford’s working life exemplifies the awareness-raising documentary, short story films with social issues and message-based work.
Tim has directed a large body of films for communications clients; with NGOs and in advertising. The awards for his notable work include:
- 2014 : New York Film & TV Award – Gold for Recruitment; RasGas ‘Secret of my Success’
- 2013 : 2 New York Film & TV Awards – Platinum & Gold Awards (Best Editing & Technical Production Team) for ‘Be Amusing’
- 2012 : Cannes Corporate Media & TV Award Black Dolphin Winner (Best Editing) ‘Be Amusing’ ; 3 Marcom’s Awards, Platinum (Best Recruitment) for ‘Living in Qatar’, Gold for ‘Be Amusing’, Platinum (Internal Comms) ‘Workplace of Choice’ film ; IVCA Silver (Best Recruitment film) for ‘Step Up’ & IVCA Bronze (Charity/Welfare film) ‘The Stroke Project’
- 2011 : IVCA Bronze (Best Script) for ‘Nat Geo Appeal’
- 2009 : IVCA Clarion Award (Best Video) ‘Torn’ ; IVCA Silver (Documentary) ‘Torn’ & Bronze (Welfare/Charity) for ‘Torn’
- Previous : 4 New York Film & TV Awards for Corporate documentary ; 1991, 2005, 2006, CiB (Comm’s in Business) Class Winner 2007